[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3940)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3940)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3769: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3940)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3940)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3940)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3940)
Classic Bike Forum • View topic - GS450S

GS450S

GS450S

Postby GBC » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:10 pm

Well the Old Dig won't like this topic, probably won't even look in here to read it :lol: but....

Does anyone have any experience of the GS450S? I've got one on loan for a report for a magazine...just wondering if you guys have tales to tell of good / bad points, likes dislikes etc.

It's a whole different ball game to riding Cubbie :shock: :P
GBC

Re: GS450S

Postby dig » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:38 pm

:twisted: How could i object GBC, i have probably got more jappas than most seeing i have a hilda and 4 Yammys and all are runners by the way :D
dig
Gone But Not Forgotten

Postby BigBobW » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:08 pm

off the top of my head...started out as a 400 then went to 425 before becoming a 450...main competition was the Kaw 500 twin of which the critics preferred the Kaw. Power was considered moderate and buying Suzi's 550/4 was cheaper than upgrading the twin...

Do you need road tests or is the Vmcc library stocked with this stuff?
"I've never met a motorcycle or pizza I didn't like"
BigBobW

Postby Welsh Wizard » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:52 am

Not so hot on the handling, and rather heavey for a 450

noticed the same with the 550's
Welsh Wizard
Global Moderator

Postby GBC » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:57 am

Thanks Bob, most of what I've got to write is just the day to day living with the bike stuff, but I will be researching a few road tests. The owner has a lot of info too, was just wondering if anyone had ridden one or knows someone who has one.

Wiz, one thing I am gobsmacked with is the handling! So fast and light in the corners, but boy it doesn't like white lines and over-banding :shock:

Dig, 4 Yammys. FOUR Yammys?? Kept that quiet eh :lol:
GBC

Postby Welsh Wizard » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:23 am

Welsh Wizard
Global Moderator

Postby Stuart SS » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:51 am

WTF~
I am going to really stick my neck out here ~

What is " overbanding " ~ ? ( I imagine would be an aspect by a different colour to what we know in Oz call ~ ) :502
Stuart SS
Global Moderator

Location: Or-strailia's tropical paradise; Far Far North Queensland !

Postby GNC » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:08 am

T140E
GNC
Site Admin

Postby Welsh Wizard » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:31 am

when they do a cheap patch to the road surface, they overband the join with a slick Tar sub, when wet it makes a great skateing surface worm
Welsh Wizard
Global Moderator

Postby Bill » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:42 am

it also used to stop the bloody pot holes from opening out again after a few cars had been over it! They're bringing it back again, but this time with a hand full of sharp sand thrown in the mix. :207
Bill
Site Admin

Next

Return to Suzuki