1939 BSA B25

If you're really old and know how to use a computer then well done! - post all really old stuff here!

Re: 1939 BSA B25

Postby dig » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:26 am

:18 :147 waiting waiting :205
dig
Gone But Not Forgotten

Postby MOUSE » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:11 am

Place pointer over Thames folks, weather improvement nearly suitable for riding.... get up em Dig. Spleen Vent required :)

http://www.metservice.co.nz/public/

Bloody typical, back to work today...sun comes out. :63
"My arthritis has gotten so bad I can hardly grip anything, my cataracts seem to get worse every day, I have gout in my right leg and can't bend my knee and I can't hear anything.
But thank God I can still ride
MOUSE

Postby dig » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:32 am

Sent: Thursday, 23 July 2009 1:23:01 a.m.
To: [email protected]

to the Minister of Transport
S Joyce
Dear Minister,I have just been through the ordeal of putting a Vintage motor cycle back on the road and i wish to complain about the protracted and complicated processes that this entails.
From the time i decided to start this process to the end has taken 3 months! and it is my belief that this is unacceptable and unnecessary,that the Vintage Car Club of NZ and VINZ and the land transport Association are inapt and unable to perform the necessary functions that are required in a time frame that is acceptable.
The information is not available via LTSA or VINZ web sites and any information gleaned from all sources are in fact dubious and of little help to people like myself. It is my belief that this must and could be changed to better serve the people that require to have vehicles Vinned and registed.
Better information on the LTAS web site and better people to issue letters of Authenticity, eg two months from Vintage car club NZ is not acceptable. It seems to me that if i wanted a letter of Authenticity one would get this from an organization that dealt with motorcycles and actually knew something about the subject.
The fact that a VINZ station can say they can do the vin, rego and wof on the day without an appointment,take your money and then tell you that they cant do it until certain things are done and to leave the motorcycle in their care until the requirements are meet,for a period of two months is unbelievable an unacceptable, i implore you to do something and do it soon to make the whole process a better experience.
If i sound a bit tetchy,it is because i am,VERY.
Regards Doug Johnson. :501 nz-flag111
dig
Gone But Not Forgotten

Postby MOUSE » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:52 am

You beauty, love the last line :) :151 :151
"My arthritis has gotten so bad I can hardly grip anything, my cataracts seem to get worse every day, I have gout in my right leg and can't bend my knee and I can't hear anything.
MOUSE

Postby dig » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:56 am

Mouse,feel free to add to it and send to as many of our MPs as you like, just as i have done. :208
dig
Gone But Not Forgotten

Postby dig » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:51 am

well wouldnt it rock yar socks,picked up me stuff from the platers today,ummm they polished right through the chrome in one place on the silencer, buffed the BSA logo off the kickstart lever and gear shifter grrrrrr as well as grinding the welds of the header pipe in places so there is not a weld right round the pipe and i guess the pipe will crack and fall apart in a short time :502
dig
Gone But Not Forgotten

Postby GNC » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:48 pm

Did they blame it on the Hairy? :4
T140E
GNC
Site Admin

Postby MOUSE » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:13 am

That would gut you. Electroplater here is crap too, can't be trusted with anything other than farm gates. Apparently there is one in Hamilton that is good with bike bits, sorry don't know it's name.
MOUSE

Postby dig » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:48 am

:502 fook me,first start up and chrome on header pipe blistered an fell off in places :166
dig
Gone But Not Forgotten

Postby MOUSE » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:38 am

I may be a wanker, but you got more issues with them :) Trouble is you get reluctant to take it back for another go in case they mess it up worse. I had problem with a muffler re-chrome when they did the same and buffed out the welds. Bloody thing came apart in first 200 miles and i was that far from home, near deafened me.

Hope it works out for you Dig, that's a bit disappointing.
MOUSE

PreviousNext

Return to Pre-War/Vintage Bikes