more Wax Jackets

List your classic bike parts, exchange/swap or list those hard-to-find wanted parts you have been looking for.

more Wax Jackets

Postby jay-ninja » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:04 pm

I thought you guys might be interested to see the results of my vintage treatment to the jacket I recently bought from the UK's high street store River Island.

Before

This was far to clean and tailored for my liking. So, as I've done before, the jacket was thrown into the machine to strip it of the wax, then rubbed lightly overall with fine grade sand paper (careful not to ruin the stiched seams) I used wire wool on the snaps (not the outer buttons which are black) and zip to get the brass showing through. I then re-waxed. You'll note I haven't re-waxed the sleeves yet. I also bought the shops remaining stock so I have 2 x meds and 2 large if any one wants one PM me - for a small extra charge I'll even mess it up for you too .... :razz:

jay-ninja

Re: more Wax Jackets

Postby Pezza » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:10 am

looks like crap! the only way to get the REAL used look is from many years of riding in all kinds of weather! And not by ruffing it up :501
Pezza

Postby GNC » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:00 pm

Pezza wrote:looks like crap!

LMFAO :501

Good to hear from ya Pezza
did you quit the bonnie for a modern? or ya still ridin the ole girl
T140E
GNC
Site Admin

Postby Welsh Wizard » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:02 am

Why bother, just use it round the farm for a few weeks and it will get the natuarl look :250 :)
Welsh Wizard
Global Moderator

Postby Pezza » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:33 am

G'day mate! nah still got it but she's in the shop getting repaired as i was hit last December so i'm still w8in to get her back.
I will be looking for a modern. temps here are just to hot, and i can't afford to keep this one and buy another.
Pezza

Return to For Sale/Wanted/Exchange