Claymore Wax Cotton Motorcycle Jackets

List your classic bike parts, exchange/swap or list those hard-to-find wanted parts you have been looking for.

Claymore Wax Cotton Motorcycle Jackets

Postby jay-ninja » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:58 am

Hi All,

I wanted to get the forum members opinions on a new brand called Claymore who make wax jackets - so this is a bit of market research really.

I recently ordered this Claymore jacket (see pics at link below), manufactured by a very small firm in Yorkshire England who makes them made to measure - similar in design to the popular, yet expensive Belstaff and Barbour products.

I'm currently working with this UK u k fl ag manufacturer to help them develop the brand - we're working on a re-design of the website, brand logo, etc. I was impressed with the quality which is why I decided to help them with marketing the product in the UK as I believe it's a great product for a good price (Belstaff retail at £380) The jackets are made to measure and sell for around £145 - £175 - depending on style.

MCN are interested in running an article on them - which is a good start.

No proper website yet but anyone interested can get in touch with me.

jay-ninja

Re: Claymore Wax Cotton Motorcycle Jackets

Postby Welsh Wizard » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:28 am

seems a bit short in length, also do they do wax cotton legs to make it a full outfit?
Welsh Wizard
Global Moderator

Postby jay-ninja » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:51 am

Welsh Wizard wrote:seems a bit short in length, also do they do wax cotton legs to make it a full outfit?

Glad you said that - Yes it is short - on account of me measuring wrong - I sold this jacket to a friend and ordered a another 3" longer in length ! I also ordered a black version too.

Basically, as they are made to your own measurements it's important to get these right - as I find out to my own cost !

I don't know about legs - but I reckon given some good reference they could do it - but don't quote me on that.
jay-ninja

Postby The Doctor » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:23 pm

The Doctor
Site Admin

Postby Greeves Fan » Thu May 20, 2010 8:47 am

Well if you want to support companies who choose to rip off the designs and produce cheap imitations of jackets from respected brands such as Belstaff then I suppose they are fine.
All these guys are doing is copying Belstaff pure and simple. To my eyes they are simply counterfeit merchants, after all they even offer to fit Belstaff logos to the jackets and I'm sure Belstaff haven't supplied them with those. Hardly the way a reputable company would work. I'm pretty sure Trading Standards would be interested.
Greeves Fan

Postby jay-ninja » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:33 am

Greeves Fan wrote:Well if you want to support companies who choose to rip off the designs and produce cheap imitations of jackets from respected brands such as Belstaff then I suppose they are fine.
All these guys are doing is copying Belstaff pure and simple. To my eyes they are simply counterfeit merchants, after all they even offer to fit Belstaff logos to the jackets and I'm sure Belstaff haven't supplied them with those. Hardly the way a reputable company would work. I'm pretty sure Trading Standards would be interested.

Well, I'm not sure where you got that information - I'd be very interested if you could let me know please.

With regards to counterfeit goods - the fact is Belstaff don't actually have a trademark or the copyright on a belted wax jacket with four pockets, in the same way Levi's don't own the sole rights to denim trousers with western style pockets. Claymore do not market these products as Belstaff.

Claymore offer a quality, made to measure product, produced here in the UK using quality materials and at a price that is realistic rather than (in my opinion) the overpriced competition (please also define cheap imitations - Claymore use the same cotton material as the competition from British Millerain). It's up to the consumer to make their choice. If you'd like to fight the corner of an Italian owned company who's products are manufactured overseas then go ahead and speak to trading standards. Another nail in the coffin for a British manufacturing - well done you !
jay-ninja

Postby Gravesone » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:34 pm

Fight, fight. :4

:wink: u k fl ag
Ring-a-Ding-Ding
Gravesone

Postby Bill » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:25 pm

Blestaff have the 'brand' name for these jackets.. That's about it. I'm all for people making good quality affordable products. Be it a motorcycle jacket or a television. I've had £40 pairs of jeans and they're not that good.. the £4 items from Tescos are just as comfortable and wear just as well, if not better. I hope to be able to purchase one of the Claymore jackets in the near future as i've always fancied a "Belstaff" :205

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, if there is be a debate to follow this, it will be closely monitored. ANY personal attacks will be removed and the user banned permanently from the forum areas.

u k fl ag
Bill
Site Admin

Postby dig » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:26 pm

AAwww yar just a big Pussy worm worm worm monkey monkey :250 :) :203
dig
Gone But Not Forgotten

Postby Bill » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:08 pm

haha.. love ya Digsaw! u k fl ag :158 :1781
Bill