IOM TT 2012

IOM TT 2012

Postby Stuart SS » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:45 am

It's that time of the year again !

And Steve Parish and company have put together a brilliant 2 hour introduction for the event/s

The weather for the opening and qualifying ~ superb! In fact given the weather holds Steve Parish feels the lap record speed will push out to 133 mph !

The coverage out ITV is brilliant. I would say in fact the coverage and island deviations and distractions, along with standard of camera work on the track is fantastic..

Our Oz Man David Cameron qualified 3rd in Super bike.

But the scenes are amazing.. eg; two course wardens standing on the edge of the track, less than a meter from the bikes as they howl past them , NO barriers between them and the bike.s !

( Same mate from Brisbane that headed over last year, is heading again to the Manx event with the BSA Rocket III but this year with an international team of triple riders !! And I quickly add , "Steve" is not a young man either! Well into his 50s !~ Bigger mahoonies than me ! )

Quote of the two hour intro : "Boy he is going fast .. the helicopter can't keep up with him !! "
Stuart SS
Global Moderator

Location: Or-strailia's tropical paradise; Far Far North Queensland !

Re: IOM TT 2012

Postby Graham B » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:42 pm

Totally agree! The coverage by ITV4 is brilliant and makes what could be a complicated race easy to follow. How do you get coverage in Australia Stuart, do they show it on TV or via internet?
Graham B

Re: IOM TT 2012

Postby Stuart SS » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:43 pm

G

They put it through Channel One (Sports) FTA.. it is pretty lame though as it is pushed to BS hours in preference of Football!
Stuart SS
Global Moderator

Location: Or-strailia's tropical paradise; Far Far North Queensland !

Return to TT/MotoGP/WSB/BSB