Little Tribsa

Drop your classic bike pics in here................
Japanese, British, vintage, pre-war, classic superbike, were're not prejudiced!

Re: Little Tribsa

Postby sfb350 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:03 pm

It's a 350cc 3ta engine in the Tribsa. The Tribsa I have bought here to the BSAOC International Rally in Holland, there are lots of lovely runs planned and the Tribsa won't play! Battery suddenly almost completely dead, so I'll buy a new one tomorrow and hope that cures it but I am concerned something is amiss with the charging system. Grrrrr....
sfb350

Postby Stuart SS » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:38 am

sfb350

Easy enough test if you have a more serious issue.. (if you are not aware) once you put the battery in and it starts up simply put the headlamp on ad rev slightly .. if the alternator is OK the light will flare some..

I recently had to replace the battery in my Commando ~ fortunately that all that was wrong.. as thebattery was over three eyars old and they rarely go for much longer.

Previously some years back I was left stranded in peak hour traffic in Melbourne as I was literally leaving town. That turned out to be the alternator.. Can be a tad frustrating than being left literally dead battery wise.. on the side of the road ~
Stuart SS
Global Moderator

Location: Or-strailia's tropical paradise; Far Far North Queensland !

Postby sfb350 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:11 pm

It seems to be charging ok but the bike was still not running well. A friend has had a look at the new carb and thinks it might be the wrong one but it is now starting first kick and running acceptably well after moving the needle jet, I can't get much more than 60-65mph - but that was good enough that I've been able to ride it in three countries today (Germany, Holland and Belgium) so I am very happy!!
sfb350

Postby kawa » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:35 pm

Good to hear you can still get around on the bike, mind an post the pics when you get back :150
kawa

Previous

Return to Photo Gallery