Rickman

Drop your classic bike pics in here................
Japanese, British, vintage, pre-war, classic superbike, were're not prejudiced!

Rickman

Postby kawa » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:21 pm

This one of my bikes a 1979 Rickman Kawasaki CR1000, only had it since 84. I still use it quite alot and is great for covering the miles. Might get round to giving it a clean up one day.

kawa

Re: Rickman

Postby Stuart SS » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:18 am

Kawa

As sure as you clean up the Beastie~ it will give you grief... after all some work dogs just hate getting a bath ~ :29
Stuart SS
Global Moderator

Location: Or-strailia's tropical paradise; Far Far North Queensland !

Postby Welsh Wizard » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:07 am

Stuart SS wrote:Kawa

As sure as you clean up the Beastie~ it will give you grief... after all some work dogs just hate getting a bath ~ :29

Stuart by the look of it Kawa has always kept it that way so maybe not trouble at all :210
Welsh Wizard
Global Moderator

Postby MOUSE » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:41 am

I find cleaning is a good way to find what is going to fall off next unexpectedly, unlikely you'd have that problem on your Kawa even at the same age. What does it handle like on the road with the Ricky frame, i thought most of those were used in trail type machines.
"My arthritis has gotten so bad I can hardly grip anything, my cataracts seem to get worse every day, I have gout in my right leg and can't bend my knee and I can't hear anything.
But thank God I can still ride
MOUSE

Postby kawa » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:25 pm

Rickman seem to be better known for there off road machines, probably due to the success they and their machines had in the 60s an 70s. Think it was the late 60s they started to build road race frames for mainly Triumph twins and also a few of the british racing singles. In the early 70s, when the fast but not so good handling japs started to come along, they started building frame kits for them. Usually all you needed was a doner bike for the engine and electrics, then a free weekend to build it.

nice Trident with Rickman frame

So far the bikes been trouble free, only the usual service bits needing replaced. Only once did I have a problem on the road, that was about four years ago on a run down to South Wales when the rear wheel bearings went, but was an easy fix with a new set of bearings.
Handling I would say is very good for a bike with twin shocks, it lets you know in plenty of time when its not happy :209

was going to put a pic up of the bike when I got it, but it looks too clean :shock:
kawa

Postby MOUSE » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:42 pm

:39 :150
"My arthritis has gotten so bad I can hardly grip anything, my cataracts seem to get worse every day, I have gout in my right leg and can't bend my knee and I can't hear anything.
But thank God I can still ride
MOUSE

Postby bantam cub » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:24 pm

Great looking bike Kawa. Seems like a good combination - the power of the Z engine in an excellent chassis. :123
1967 Triumph T20B 'Bantam Cub'
www.bantamcub.co.uk
Ayrshire, Scotland.
bantam cub

Postby kawa » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:16 pm

Cheers BC, your welcome to try it out sometime, GBC tried it for size once but how do I say it, er, the seats was a bit too high, fine for me though :125
kawa

Postby GBC » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:13 am

Too bloomin' right, had to use a nearby wall to lean against. Can't you get a lowering kit for it???
GBC

Return to Photo Gallery