Commando face lift 2011

The greatest name in British motorcycles dates from 1901, when James Lansdowne Norton began building motorcycles with French and Swiss engines.

Re: Commando face lift 2011

Postby Welsh Wizard » Tue May 10, 2011 11:40 pm

theres a guy on trademe that seems to be making Fibre glass ones at about the $40 NZD each, I believe he has Roadster and fastback, not sure if he has any Interstsate ones.
Welsh Wizard
Global Moderator

Postby Stuart SS » Wed May 11, 2011 12:10 am

Thanks Mate i will have a look ~ Mine is a Roadster ~ I did consider going Interstate when I looked a fuel tank ~ as there seems to be lots of Interstate stuff on Fleabay ~

Get this though ~
I had a LR fuel tank, seat, side, panels, and tail fairing~ but I sold it a lot in 1998 when I separated ~ a mad moment gone wrong ~ and worse still they were all bearing fresh paint ~ sold for $500 !! No wonder the bloke ran around and scraped up the cash from his mates at the swap meet ~

And FYI ~ A fastback fairing will NOT fit a an 850 unless specifically made to do so as the rear tail frame is wider on the later 850 frames ~ only a matter of mm but will not 'just drop' on ~
Stuart SS
Global Moderator

Location: Or-strailia's tropical paradise; Far Far North Queensland !

Postby Welsh Wizard » Wed May 11, 2011 3:58 am

Stuart, I only quoted what I had seen on sale, personally I hate the fastback model with a vengeance, I personally think they are ugly, as for the 850 as I only have 750 and 850 Roadsters and no interstate, interplod or MK111, I know seats will swap between the two but the later seat is much more comfortable on the 71 Roadster though it does add a inch or so to the seat height.
Welsh Wizard
Global Moderator

Postby Stuart SS » Wed May 11, 2011 5:50 am

WW ~ Intriguing eh?

There is NO compromise ~ 'you' either HATE or love the Fastback ~ I wanted one full stop !

I was influenced into buying the Roadster ~ I like them too but much prefer the Fastback ~ or even the Long Range / LR ~

You answered another question about whether the Interstate will fit the Roadster ~ I know the MKIII is whole different ball game and believe the Interstate seat was/ is wider at the front (??)

Looks like the same colour as my 'new' tank to boot !! rock

Stuart SS
Global Moderator

Location: Or-strailia's tropical paradise; Far Far North Queensland !

Postby Welsh Wizard » Thu May 12, 2011 10:02 am

the guy is become expensive

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 407407.htm

and it no longer has the fittings
Welsh Wizard
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Norton