Giving Thanks

Like many of the Coventry makes, Triumph had their roots in the bicycle industry, beginning motorcycle production in 1902.

Giving Thanks

Postby Meloy » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:42 pm

For you forum members who provide information and advice in response to the questions posted here, "Thank you!" This is a great online community. :68
Meloy

Re: Giving Thanks

Postby Paul in NZ » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:08 am

Well its good to reflect on your good fortune occasionally even if we don't share the 'merkins turkey day festivities....

Its coming on summer here and already the heat is being felt in the sun. Also the fickle winds of the spring equinox are becoming less strident and we are getting some simply perfect days. like last night - its a work day but on the way home on the train I was looking out over a mill pond ocean thinking, it really does not get any better than this and once I stopped caring about going for another ride on the bike, cleaning the other bike, the lawns or going to the gym I dragged out the kayak and found me fishin' stick...

Fresh Snapper for dinner tonight...

Can't wait...
Paul in NZ

Postby Meloy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:12 pm

How was the fishing? (I'm a land-lubber and only know about fresh water fishing.)
Meloy

Postby GNC » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:18 pm

Meloy wrote:How was the fishing?

Hows this beaut, pic is couple years old now 31.2lb west coast NZ nz-flag111

T140E
GNC
Site Admin

Postby Stuart SS » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:45 am

Greg
NOW THAT's A FISH ~

I just came back from three weeks of and I wanted to do a fishing charter off the coast ~ which is only 80 km away ~ the weather played against me and then just getting a booking was a hassle ..

I want to catch a nice Barramundi ~ (the creme la creme of Australian fishing ) but they are out of season till February!!

So the only fishing was done practising to master my new over head caster ~ rock or SHOULD I SAY ~ MASTERING ~ UNFURLING BIRD NESTS ~ :158

But Spring is really on us ~ it is a challenge to master time to service 2 British MC.. and endeavouring to do some fishing and I also want to buy a Metal detector as well ~ preferably Gold detecting capacity ~ But they are very ~ very expensive ~

Do you recall when we were youngens.. time was abundant !

Now ~ Where IS the time ?? ~
Stuart SS
Global Moderator

Location: Or-strailia's tropical paradise; Far Far North Queensland !

Postby Meloy » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:12 am

Tremendous! That's a far cry from the bass and crappy fishing around here.
Meloy

Postby GNC » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:28 am

NB: Not my fish or me in pic
T140E
GNC
Site Admin

Postby Welsh Wizard » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:46 am

thats cheating
Welsh Wizard
Global Moderator

Postby Paul in NZ » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:02 pm

Meloy wrote:How was the fishing? (I'm a land-lubber and only know about fresh water fishing.)

It was a night of fishing magic... Shes pretty skinny waters off the coast where we live but that night it was impossible for me NOT to catch a fish. 10 legal snapper in an hour! 5 were a bit scrawny so they went back and the other 5 were perfect eating size so they were kept. Enough for a couple of feeds... YUM - you just cannot beat fresh snapper with a squeeze of lemon (except maybe gurnard)

And yes - that IS me ;-) First one is an earlier trip with some mates off Otaki Beach.
Paul in NZ

Return to Triumph