Ok now i'm pissed off.

Like many of the Coventry makes, Triumph had their roots in the bicycle industry, beginning motorcycle production in 1902.

Ok now i'm pissed off.

Postby Pezza » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:01 am

OK after waiting 5 months to get my bike back which i picked up last Friday after only ridding it for 1 week this is what happens,on the way to work it fikin dies on me!!! OK, so i get back home ok only to find that the battery is flat as! so i charge the fikin thing and ride down to the battery store ( Battery World ) to get it checked out, the guy says its fine, nothin wrong with it, so he checks to see if its charging, nope its not charging ( new alt installed before i pick up the bike because of the same problem ) The bike shop recons all was good after the new alt was installed, problem was broken wires right at the base of the alt caused by brittle wires due to heat when the resin was poured or some shit like that. Anyway after getting back home i recharge the battery to full so that i have enough juice to get to the bike shop on Wednesday as he's shut Mon/Tue, I put the battery back in after charging it and smoke just pours out every where WTF is goin on here? now the wiring is fried from the fuse end up to the thing with the spring on it ( sorry but i'm not sure what it's called lol )WTF is goin on? is it something the shop has done? caus i'm pretty sure that putting a battery back in didn't do it! This is the last straw. She's goin caus iv'e had it with the fikin thing, iv'e had nothing but problems since iv'e had the bike.So now i have to put it in the ute on Friday so they can sort this crap out. sorry but i just had to get it out of my system. Thanks for reading.
Pezza

Re: Ok now i'm pissed off.

Postby Tman » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:42 am

Sorry to hear that Pezza.
What you need is a sympathetic mate versed in electrics and willing to spend a couple of hours seeing what's what with your bike.
Anyone with a bit of training in the basics should be able to sort a simple battery-zener-rectifier-alt system. Know anyone?
Tman

Postby L.A.B. » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:18 pm

Pezza wrote:I put the battery back in after charging it and smoke just pours out every where WTF is goin on here? now the wiring is fried from the fuse end up to the thing with the spring on it ( sorry but i'm not sure what it's called lol )WTF is goin on?

Are you sure you didn't connect the battery up the wrong way?
Most British bikes originally had positive earth electrical systems (79-on Triumphs are negative earth) however British bike owners sometimes convert their bikes polarity to negative earth.
The "thing with the spring" could be a 2MC capacitor (is it blue?).
L.A.B.

Postby Pezza » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:29 am

To answer both questions, no!! I am 100% positive that the battery went in the right way, I must have done this about 100 times before. Thing is they have put a new headlight in and new rear mudgard due to the prong I had. Also there are wires in the headlight that are melted. So I think that somehow they have made a mistake and caused the wiring to melt!
Pezza

Postby MOUSE » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:00 am

:502 Shitte bad frustrating run there Pezza, trouble with tempremental problems ...1/2 temper ...1/2 mental.

Sounds like an electrical short, your repair place most likely culprit, yes i know, a pain in arse to get that sorted, but if you were to sell up, you will get more for it as a going bike, ( i'd buy it , but don't have the $$, but do have a very supportive wife who will help me move out if i buy another bike, 4 is enough apparently. You have spent so much on it in patience and $$. For what it's worth can happen on any bike, do want the list of probs i've had with my XJ Yamaha monkey :166 recently, and believe me parts are not easy to find like Triumph.
"My arthritis has gotten so bad I can hardly grip anything, my cataracts seem to get worse every day, I have gout in my right leg and can't bend my knee and I can't hear anything.
But thank God I can still ride
MOUSE

Postby Pezza » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:05 am

Yeah i know Mouse it sure is i am planning on dropping it off on Saturday. i think it's there fault as well seeming they put it back together! but i will no more once they have looked it ova.Once it's back together then the bike will be left there and they can sell it as they get allot of people looking for bikes and i didn't have much luck selling it from home last time i tried.Funny thing as well, the wiring in the headlight has copped a beating as well!will post more when i know whats up.
Pezza

Re: Ok now i'm pissed off. ( and feeling stupid )

Postby Pezza » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:12 am

Well i dropped the bike off on Saturday and we found the cause of the short............ME...............,what i had done to try and stop my battery bouncing around because the rubber strap broke was put a rag under the damm thing, so as soon as i went to close the seat, well we know what happened after thar dont we :201 Fook that was not a smart thing to do, lesson learnt here i think.Its luckily not a big fix so i should have her back end of the week.
Pezza

Postby MOUSE » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:17 am

I once ....only once, did that too, by my rag wiggled it's way down the frame and caught the rear chain, then proceeded to wrap itself around the front sprocket. At the time i was going up a steep hill n the dark, and wondering WTF! as the bike got slower and slower.

:166 Hell of greasy mess, and took ages to get it out with a piece of fence wire :1204 in poor light. monkey

Yeah. ya laff about it later. :)
"My arthritis has gotten so bad I can hardly grip anything, my cataracts seem to get worse every day, I have gout in my right leg and can't bend my knee and I can't hear anything.
But thank God I can still ride
MOUSE

Postby Stuart SS » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:57 pm

ook that was not a smart thing to do, lesson learnt here i think.

Pezza

I figured it was some thing bizare ~ Now "we " have to catorgorize these issues into ~ Blame the bike ` and Others ~

(I have done similar with the Commando ~ so I can't spruke loudly here ~ )

The important thing of course is not to blame the short comings of the machine ~ :158

Of course I have an issue in as much as it only has two cylinders! Sort of puts you on the back foot right off the Get-Go ! :158 monkey
Stuart SS
Global Moderator

Location: Or-strailia's tropical paradise; Far Far North Queensland !

Postby Pezza » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:58 am

just a quick one,but would putting hotter or colder plugs make the bike idle better as i'm havin trouble in this department?
Pezza

Next

Return to Triumph