T-90 Teething problems

Like many of the Coventry makes, Triumph had their roots in the bicycle industry, beginning motorcycle production in 1902.

T-90 Teething problems

Postby Fitton » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:11 am

Hi ,
I am posting on behalf of my Dad. He has finally got around to getting himself a 1965 T90 Tiger. However, it has a small oil leak (I think its the gasket) and he seems to think that the cylinders are only firing on one side. It was all ok when he received it from the dealer but is a little reluctant to go back to them to get it sorted (I'm not sure why).

Can any one recommend dealers/ people in the know in the Swansea area who can advise or repair the bike for him?
Its been a numebr of years since he's tinkered and I think he doesn't want to make the matter worse.

Thanks

Jo
Fitton

Re: T-90 Teething problems

Postby Welsh Wizard » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:14 am

Its a bit far from Swansea but if you can get Gordon Lucas at Lucas motorcycles ( in Ross on Wye) ( Gordon must be in his 80's now but is sh!t hot wth most Brit Iron) to have a look I recon he could fix it, ex comp shop at BSA, not sure if his son Neil would be interested
Welsh Wizard
Global Moderator

Re: T-90 Teething problems

Postby Bill » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:25 pm

I'm due to make a trip down to Cardiff over the next month or so to see a mate of mine. So could have a slight de-tour in to Swansea and take a look for him. Have been fixing up these old donk's for years, so will pack a few tools n' spares and see what I can do. If nothing else I could show him what's wrong and how to sort it. It'll be towards the end of the month mind, so dunno if he'll be able to wait that long?

u k fl ag
Bill
Site Admin

Return to Triumph