Rattling

Like many of the Coventry makes, Triumph had their roots in the bicycle industry, beginning motorcycle production in 1902.

Re: Rattling

Postby Pezza » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:38 am

OK mate i'll post up what i find on Friday.
Pezza

Postby MOUSE » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:42 pm

Agree sounds like munted belt, it will be a mess if anything like the poorly fitted one i had, but an easy fix (better than a chain through the case), fit a new one.
I think my mechanic used shims to stop it happening again, 25,000 miles and no prob since.
A good case and clutch clean out to remove any loose metals/belt material.
"My arthritis has gotten so bad I can hardly grip anything, my cataracts seem to get worse every day, I have gout in my right leg and can't bend my knee and I can't hear anything.
But thank God I can still ride
MOUSE

Postby Pezza » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:22 am

Ok it was a fooked belt but how can this happen??? Also how do i get the clutch hub off because there is just 1 strand of wire wrapped around it that just wont come out! do i have to take it off to put a new belt on?
Pezza

Postby Pezza » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:11 am

OK, I think I managed to get all of it out, but it sounds like there may be a bit wrapped around the hub, how do i get the bugger off? does the belt sprocket move freely or should there be a little bit of resistance?, and the other hub or whateva it's called seems to make a rubbing sound, is this OK? Thanks Pezza
Pezza

Postby MOUSE » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:23 am

Any help to you?

http://www.britcycle.com/manuals/haywar ... d_tips.htm

Iv'e never fitted one (mechanic has done mine), but could be belt was rubbing as instructions say that caused it to fall apart.
"My arthritis has gotten so bad I can hardly grip anything, my cataracts seem to get worse every day, I have gout in my right leg and can't bend my knee and I can't hear anything.
But thank God I can still ride
MOUSE

Postby Pezza » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:33 am

Well all done fellas piece of cake!
there was crap everywhere though, I took the clutch plates out cause i couldn't get to one strand of wire but got it in the end.
The clutch is adjusted and working as it should. I'm really glad that there was no other damage done to the bike.Thanks for your input. Pez
Pezza

Postby Stuart SS » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:44 am

Lesson learnt eh bloke ~

Now an authority n Primaries eh !! :158

Pulling the clutch down was probably a good move anyway and removes any chance of that nagging :20 doubts that tend to emerge later on.. usually when you are on the third throw down :155 :155 :155 or at 02.15 darkness hour of the morning !!
Stuart SS
Global Moderator

Location: Or-strailia's tropical paradise; Far Far North Queensland !

Postby Pezza » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:32 am

yeah mate lesson learnt! not so sure about being an authority though hahaha, all is running fine, though it's a pain in the arse when it gets hot over here, it won't idle right when w8ing at traffic lights,so i am saddened to say i have to sell her, so for me as a daily ride it's not the right bike,I've had a bloke come over to look at it, he looked keen enough, i have been looking at the new bonnie black which would most likely be better for me as a daily ride.sniff sniff it will be a sad moment when she goes.
Pezza

Postby Stuart SS » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:20 pm

The point being How long do you pursue the Snake ?

When is enough ~ enough ?

Maybe you recall the bloke from Texas on the Classic Bike.net site , when he had the T150 and he had similar problem with running and idle~ No amount of Triple input seemed to help him..

He gave up ~

Now in hindsight I confident I now know what his issues were !! But then there is no going back really !
Stuart SS
Global Moderator

Location: Or-strailia's tropical paradise; Far Far North Queensland !

Postby Tman » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:33 pm

Simples....he was an impatient 'Murcan.... worm
Tman

PreviousNext

Return to Triumph