Tail light bulbs

Like many of the Coventry makes, Triumph had their roots in the bicycle industry, beginning motorcycle production in 1902.

Tail light bulbs

Postby NotTriumphtwin » Tue May 04, 2010 2:09 am

Good day everyone, Does a LED Bulb only work one way? I have trouble with my bike eating tail light bulbs (hard tail), to the point that if I buy many more bulbs, I'll exceed every bit of the money that I have into the rest of the bike! Tail light is as soft mounted as I can get it, and I have a separate ground wire running directly to the socket. I know vibration is the culprit. I figured I would give a LED Bulb a try, so went and found a pair for 20 bucks, have already spent that much on regular bulbs so I figure what the hell. went out and put one in and nothing, nothing at all. tried the other bulb and same result. took them back and spent more money on regular bulbs that I know won't last. the only thing I could think of was the positive ground system. On a good note, I received my Amal MK1 and whooo wheeee am I happy. No more erratic idle problems, smooth and consistent throttle response, oh yeah that's what I'm talkin about.
NotTriumphtwin

Re: Tail light bulbs

Postby MOUSE » Tue May 04, 2010 5:37 am

You got them at a good price, i just got a pair off Paul Goff Norsbao2freeuk.com for each bike i own. A bit dearer and with rediculous postal charge, so they better work when i get round to fitting them. These are sold to suit wiring neg earth/pos earth, so that could have been your problem ?.
"My arthritis has gotten so bad I can hardly grip anything, my cataracts seem to get worse every day, I have gout in my right leg and can't bend my knee and I can't hear anything.
But thank God I can still ride
MOUSE

Postby Bill » Tue May 04, 2010 5:40 pm

Light Emitting Diode. Will only work on DC and will only work one way.
Bill
Site Admin

Postby Tman » Tue May 04, 2010 9:04 pm

Bill wrote:Light Emitting Diode. Will only work on DC and will only work one way.

Yep, and avoid Goff like toothache.... :28
Tman

Postby NotTriumphtwin » Wed May 05, 2010 8:08 pm

Thanks guys, I'm glad to hear they make them for positive ground systems. Does anyone have any thoughts on if this may solve my problem or not. Are led bulbs tougher than regular bulbs? Thanks again :150
Oh yes, I do have a battery so that's not an issue.
NotTriumphtwin

Postby MOUSE » Thu May 06, 2010 6:44 am

http://www.allightech.com/LED%20VS%20Bulbs.htm

Nearly every truck and traffic light in NZ has been converted to them, says something.
As a muso for stage lighting they are great as they don't break, use less power, and brighter.
"My arthritis has gotten so bad I can hardly grip anything, my cataracts seem to get worse every day, I have gout in my right leg and can't bend my knee and I can't hear anything.
But thank God I can still ride
MOUSE

Return to Triumph