BSA C15

Britain's largest and most successful motorcycle manufacturer was BSA (Birmingham Small Arms Company).

BSA C15

Postby kev_taylor63 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi guyz,
Got me a couple of boxes, and I am assured that with in them there is a complete C15, some where, cant see it myself, lol,
I have a good ole look at Rupert Ratio, Graham Blighe and :503 so many times my head hurts....
Soooo, startin at the top, (for now) is it worth shavin the rocker-arms, (as part of a package) Gas flow or not, (for bigger Amal) and does the A65 inlet valve go in, (with new seat, top washer & collets)
Any help & advise greatfully accepted with one beer credit given lol
kev_taylor63

Re: BSA C15

Postby Tman » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:45 pm

My opinion would be to get the contents of those two boxes into one running bike, and then start fannying around with bigger valves and other similar stuff. You start f*cking with stuff before it even runs and you've immediately introduced more variables to consider.
Tman

Postby Welsh Wizard » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:00 pm

Agree with T there all you need is a few things wrong that stop you getting it all together, and you might have spent a fortune to get only so far.
At least if you get it altogether and running you know you won't end up with a project that will leave you down hearted because some small piece is missing and you can't find it or a rep-placement.
Welsh Wizard
Global Moderator

Postby kev_taylor63 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:28 pm

Wise words Bro,
Mock-up & see if she lives, will do...... (I,ll be back) :29
kev_taylor63

Postby Paul in NZ » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:15 pm

Erm.... a C15, in std form isnt exactly the shining pinnacle of reliable British motoring. ANY extra cash I spent on one would be on improvements to make it leak less and run longer rather than faster barbecue there is a limit to that....
Paul in NZ

Postby Graham B » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:07 am

I'd agree with getting it going in standard spec to start with. That in itself can be difficult if it's been messed about with by a previous owner and you're not familiar with C15s.

I'd advise a genuine BSA workshop manual and parts list for the year your C15 was made. When it's running, trust your instincts about whether it's running properly.

Hopefully you'll get it running sweetly and then if you want more power, do one thing at a time so you're sure of what works and what doesn't.

Good luck u k fl ag
Graham B

Postby Ambrosemartin » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:24 pm

I have been operating on my BSA C15's braking system and forks for age groups and lastly I am getting near to operating on the motor. Well, this is really good to read about it here.
Ambrosemartin

Return to BSA