My Other Vice

My Other Vice

Postby Bill » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:05 pm

1983 KZ1100 LTD.. an old shafty. Works a treat now i've ditched the shitty emissions control bollocks. 8-)

She did Coventry, Eng to Jersey, CI and back without missing a beat.. two up loaded with camping gear. popped the rear shocks on the way home though.. DOH!! :mrgreen: :lol:
Bill
Site Admin

Re: My Other Vice

Postby Welsh Wizard » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:36 pm

In nice nick for a 80'a Kwaka there Bill
Welsh Wizard
Global Moderator

Postby Bill » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:44 pm

was imported from that America place (wherever that is?) in 1998. Got just under 16,000 miles on the clock and used quite regular now its sorted. I was about ready to sell it and buy another monsterous Jappa (Honda GL1000!!), but since taking the emissions thing out and the massive differnce it's made, i've fallen in love with the thing again. You really cant imagine the differnce it made taking that crap out.. it's a totally differnt bike. Powers up, reliability is brilliant now too.. always had trouble starting before. The icing on the cake is I now get more MPG for my £13.00 it takes to fill up.. before, 100 miles would be good going.. on the Jersey run I was shittin it on 130 miles while on main tap thinking i'd made a mistake and it was going to konk out at any second..lol.. pulled in to fill up and was amazed when it was on 'main' not 'reverse' with plenty to spare. 8-)

I'll be keeping this one :mrgreen:
Bill
Site Admin

Postby MOUSE » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:59 pm

Nice one Bill. Good old bikes. Mate has a 1000 around same year but has got a later Honda as the Kawa's tank started leaking gas ...rust. Only problems he has with it is tuning, all those carbs and getting to them.
"My arthritis has gotten so bad I can hardly grip anything, my cataracts seem to get worse every day, I have gout in my right leg and can't bend my knee and I can't hear anything.
But thank God I can still ride
MOUSE

Postby Bill » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:04 am

Easy enough to get to on the Kwak.. tell him to bin the crap that comes from the exhaust cam overs to the air box.. he'll notice a 100% improvement.. thats if it's fitted that is. The CV carbs on mine are simple enough to work on.. but the bits are farkin expensive.. looking at £40 for one diaphragm and side.. not so bad, but considering theres 4 of the buggers!! :o
Bill
Site Admin

Postby The Doctor » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:21 pm

Nice, can I use it on the classic bike gallery, http://classic-motorbikes.net/gallery-home.php?
The Doctor
Site Admin

Postby Bill » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:14 pm

Yeh sure.. no worries. :153
Bill
Site Admin

Postby kawa » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:11 pm

Hi Bill I've got a slightly older version of the 1100, a Spectre D1.I was given it at the Scottish bike show about 4yrs ago, the guy said it was getting too heavy for him. Its ran well but now needs a good seat and poss fuel tank (rotten around the badges)

kawa

Postby MOUSE » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:36 am

The one on the left is the same colour/ Spectre model as my mate had (has sold it and got a 1100XJ Hilda). Was a good bike, his tank went rusty too.
"My arthritis has gotten so bad I can hardly grip anything, my cataracts seem to get worse every day, I have gout in my right leg and can't bend my knee and I can't hear anything.
But thank God I can still ride
MOUSE

Return to Kawasaki