Front End

Front End

Postby DAS1968 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:01 pm

Hi again, I am putting together a Z750 approx 1980 I am trying to widen my search options, does anyone know if I am limited to just the Z650/750 parts or will GPZ/GPX or any other variants parts fit, such as fourks and wheels ect
DAS1968

Re: Front End

Postby Stuart SS » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:34 am

Das

Anything is possible ~ If you are prepared to spend time and energy .. I have spent the last four years building a 74 Trident T150V Special and it has a Yamaha triple tree, XJ Turbo 650/750 forks, XS front wire wheels, and Honda Fireblade callipers~ and that's just the front end ~ ( In my case I figured there had to be a better way compared to fitting a matching fork leg form the original concept, and paying
a lot of money
out for a dodgy original front brake ~ compared to a superior Japanese front brake ~)

And I am still not finished ~ ( and I have not even mentioned on the rear brake .. a very rocky road ~ )

As long as u have the time... armed with a calliper and a bike wreckers yard.. or access to other bikes. Well ~ at least you are considering the same stable / manufacturer ~ so you shoudl be starting on the front foot as it were..
Stuart SS
Global Moderator

Location: Or-strailia's tropical paradise; Far Far North Queensland !

Return to Kawasaki