Fizzie

Re: Fizzie

Postby Allanfox » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:43 am

BigBobW wrote:So what did you save? The frame? Hope you found the right person for that green seat! (Assuming you sold it)

Looking good so far... :29

You have the right approach Bob, I started thinking what have a bought then reaised it was a case of what have I saved!

Easy question; Frame and swinging arm, rear hub, rebuilt the rear shockers, fork yolks, bottoms and headlamp ears, instruments (rebuily) both stainless mudguards and the export tank (rusty inside) crankcase halves (3 halves of course!) gearbox and primary outers (with welding on all) and finally some of the primary internals.

So not a whole hill of beans to be honest as all the rest inc the head, barrells, crank, rods, cams, timing chest and gearbox interals turned out to be scrap! £££££££££££££££££ :154 ££££££££££££££££££

Good job i didn't pay too much for it!! :18 :18 :18

The green seat is on the wall where it is staying!
Allanfox

Postby BigBobW » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:18 pm

The green seat is on the wall where it is staying!

It's amazing some of the 'trophies' we accumulate :150
"I've never met a motorcycle or pizza I didn't like"
BigBobW

Postby Welsh Wizard » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:43 am

dig wrote:50cc of FS1E is good for 65mph plus and i would sure like to see you pedal it faster than the engine could drag it along :501 nz-flag111 worm

Dig we are talking about the restricted Sh!t that they had in UK at the time , as a moped it was not allowed to be faster than 30MPH etc. and as Alan said he needed quite a bit of work on his plus a long downhill :501 :501

or look here
http://www.old-classic-motorcycles.co.u ... listing/60
and its a lot cheeper than this listing
http://www.old-classic-motorcycles.co.u ... isting/143

BTW may see you at Claudeland in the morning if you are there. rock :250
Welsh Wizard
Global Moderator

Postby dig » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:35 am

I am an you will
monkey
dig
Gone But Not Forgotten

Postby Welsh Wizard » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:38 am

Yep leaving early to get there for open up time, see if I can find some Norton 850 yolks
Welsh Wizard
Global Moderator

Postby dig » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:59 am

yolks????? try a chook farm monkey
dig
Gone But Not Forgotten

Postby L.A.B. » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:24 am

Welsh Wizard wrote:Dig we are talking about the restricted Sh!t that they had in UK at the time , as a moped it was not allowed to be faster than 30MPH etc. and as Alan said he needed quite a bit of work on his plus a long downhill

A standard Fizzie would normally do about 45-50 MPH on the flat, which wasn't bad for a 49cc bike in it's day!!!!

'Mopeds' were not power restricted in the UK at that time (as they are now) although they had to have a capacity of less than 50cc. But mopeds of the period had to have pedals that could actually be operated and therefore could be ridden on the road by a 16+ year old in the UK.
Any 50cc machine without pedals was classed as a motorcycle, so could only be ridden by a 17+ year old.
L.A.B.

Previous

Return to Yamaha