Suzuki GT 250?

Suzuki GT 250?

Postby Bubastis » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:36 pm

Hello. I'm new here and to classic bikes in general. I've been riding a scooter for the past few years and would like to change. I was wondering about the GT 250s, this one is from 1975. I'm looking for something on the easier side to learn to maintain that's more or less standard and I found one in good condition. I was also looking at a Honda CB350 which has a bit more work that's necessary. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Bubastis

Re: Suzuki GT 250?

Postby fido » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:38 am

I'm biased as I've always preferred 4 strokes but the Suzuki 2 stroke twins were good bikes and I know someone who races the earlier Super 6 version. I don't know what spares availability is like these days but there are no doubt owners clubs that could help. You do have to consider mpg these days and these bikes were pretty thirsty beasts so the Honda would be cheaper to run but a bit stodgy and bland.
fido

Postby scubabiker » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:40 am

i have a gt125, which is still on its original bearings, keep it well lubricated (and use castrol power1 2t) and well maintained and it will last a very long time and stick a set of chambers on it, the power and fuel efficiency will improve massivly
with a fist in the air in the land of hipocrisy
scubabiker

Postby Ambrosemartin » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:10 pm

The Suzuki GT250 released in the season 1971 in Japan, was generally a heir to and an improved edition of the Suzuki T250. In fact, I also like it very much, although Honda would be cheaper but not better than it.
Ambrosemartin

Postby Welsh Wizard » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:52 pm

Bubastis wrote:Hello. I'm new here and to classic bikes in general. I've been riding a scooter for the past few years and would like to change. I was also looking at a Honda CB350 which has a bit more work that's necessary. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

the CB350 or even a CB400 four is more likely to go up in value faster than a small motor , Jap classic will prob tend to follow the way Brit Iron has gone, bigger the engine the more money, while small two stroke are cheep IE BSA Batam or James or Fanny Barnet can often be found below a £1000
Welsh Wizard
Global Moderator

Return to Suzuki