Devillard Radior

Got an old barn find or your Grandad pictured on a classic - send it in and we'll try and help identify it for you.

Devillard Radior

Postby Technicalmoto » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:07 pm

Hi Everyone

I'm trying to find out more about the Radior.
I think 1929 and 100cc two stroke. Its all original but needs some work. I don't know what its worth or if I should restore it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/albertsbite/4427022589/

Can anyone help?

Martin
Technicalmoto

Re: Devillard Radior

Postby Stuart SS » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:39 pm

Intriguingly I know nothing .. zippo , other than their being originating in France ~
Stuart SS
Global Moderator

Location: Or-strailia's tropical paradise; Far Far North Queensland !

Postby Welsh Wizard » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:14 am

I know they had a
A French JAP engined 350cc single twinport Radior in 1930 but thats about all.
http://www.cybermotorcycle.com/euro/brands/radior.htm
this page above may help
Welsh Wizard
Global Moderator

Postby Tman » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:43 pm

I'd rather have the Goldie behind it.... u k fl ag

There's one basic and golden rule regarding French motor bikes, and that is, if it's incomplete and/or not running, walk away. They're rare enough en France, most likely due to Adolf's World Tour 1939-45, and I suspect any remaining were run into the ground by Pierre in the transport-hungry late 1940s.
Couple that to the complete and utter obstinate insularity of the average Frenchman (and people say the English are bad for that...?) and the high monetary value "classics" go for in Europe, and you've a quick way to despair.
Shame, because some are little Art Deco works of art, but it only ends in heart-ache.

{And yes I've had one, yes I've scoured Ebay France, and yes I've been to French autojumbles too...}

Some had JAP or Villiers engines which is a bonus, but then you might as well just buy the "equivalent" cheaper British bike.
Tman

Postby Stuart SS » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:06 am

My brother picked up a very early Zundap and that was a tale of total despair ` he gave up ` I am not even sure he did with it.. suffice to say he lost interest and that was an established bike name..

Good luck my friend if you are hoping to restore ~ or is this just for interest ~

Classic bike did a short review of French bikes years ago and that was the only insight that I ever got on the Le French ~
Stuart SS
Global Moderator

Location: Or-strailia's tropical paradise; Far Far North Queensland !

Return to Help Identify These Bikes