re two bikes recently aquired

If you're really old and know how to use a computer then well done! - post all really old stuff here!

re two bikes recently aquired

Postby gjb1309 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:28 pm

hi, new to this scene, i have just acquired two bikes both older restorations, one 1932 bsa l32 and a triumph terrier
both bikes are 95% complete and have not run for 18 months
my question to you all is WHAT ARE THEY WORTH SHOULD I WISH TO SELL? AND WHERE IS BEST TO ADVERTISE?/
YOURS
GARY
gjb1309

Re: re two bikes recently aquired

Postby Welsh Wizard » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:20 pm

Welcome, asking how much they are worth is like asking how long a piece of string is,
1st
What part of the world you are in? as you will find in some countries the value of any bike can vary greatly.
2nd
How good a restoration is done? you can make it look good and it can run well , and to some out there it will still not be 100% original.
3rd
The best way to get an idea of it value is to look at Ebay to see what the models are fetching, and have a look at classic bike auction in the country you are in, and check what the auction results are like.
4th
Remember as a small CC bike they will be low compared to a Manx Norton or a BSA gold star, even though they can be just as much fun when you have got them running and restored as its a motorbike brought back by your self, nothing beets that feeling when it goes on the road for the first restored and legal.
Welsh Wizard
Global Moderator

Postby Tman » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:36 pm

Yeah, what he said.
Could be a lot, could be very little. Too many variables.
Tman

Postby Cubber » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:46 pm

They are both useless and not worth the effort to restore or own. :)
As a gesture of good will I'm prepared to offer you £5 for each - that's a total of £10. :158
I'll even come round to your place and pick them up from you. :204
Martyn
I'm usually adamantly wrong
Cubber

Return to Pre-War/Vintage Bikes