38 T80 Pics

If you're really old and know how to use a computer then well done! - post all really old stuff here!

38 T80 Pics

Postby Steve T80 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:36 pm

Hi I thought I would post some pics, the bike is (was) my dads and his brothers before him, we still have the original buff registartion doc with petrol ration stamps. Anwhow, poor old dad had a stroke a few years ago, I go to see him in Sheffield a couple of times a week but the conversation soon dries up and he was loosing interest generally, so I suggested that I brought the bike back to Wakefield and restored it, everyone's a winner I get to mess about with a superbly engineered bike that is 100% original and 99% there and dad is racking his brains recalling all the details.
So far the bike has been stripped, the frame coated (Eek! I hear you say, I know it should have been enamel but it was January, minus a million and the paint would stil not have dried, plus my old Ducati had a powder coated frame from new and it's mint)
So the engine and gearbox are back in, the head is away for new valves, guides and seats, wheels are having new rims, and spokes, and the cheeky little lug that has always been missing from the rocker cover is being repaired. I have ditched the matchless tele's and paid a fortune for a set of 3HW girders form Italy would you believe! I have rebushed these, enameled them and made new spindles, put them on loose last night they look so much better than the "heavy" tele's.

So there you have it, I'm Steve from Wakey rebuilding my dads T80, I will post some more pics when I get a minute.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve T80

Re: 38 T80 Pics

Postby Tman » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:28 am

Nice job. I think you can't beat a pre-war girder/rigid resto for personal satisfaction. Good to ride too.
Tman

Return to Pre-War/Vintage Bikes