Facebook/Twitter

What are we doing wrong (or right!) - Let us have your views, we can only improve things if you tell us and we DO listen!

Re: Facebook/Twitter

Postby Bill » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:57 am

I'm on that Facebook thing.. another forum i use has a page on there for when things go wrong with the forum. It's a way for people to keep in contact and be made aware of whats happening to the forum. It's not used unless something goes wrong. Cant say we've had a massive influx of newbies since the page was set up though. Like i say, more of a way of comunicationg when things go wrong. :150
Bill
Site Admin

Postby Stuart SS » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:19 pm

In our house both Twitter and face book is a Bad dream!

It is an open slaver for Spammers ~ hackers as these sites are peer to peer... a bit like (I can imagine only BTW ) walking into a Gay bar with no pants ~ :) You may make it through ... but hell the imagination runs wild.. and the concept does NOT appeal to me ~ one bit!!! :8 :8 :8

Ms M is a serious Pooter Guru and she is staggered by the warnings are rife via her preferred 'Experts Exchange.com site ~ regarding these particular sites ~
Stuart SS
Global Moderator

Location: Or-strailia's tropical paradise; Far Far North Queensland !

Postby Bill » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:27 pm

Like any interactive website (including forums such as this) are as dangours as the info you put on them. Perfectly safe if you're carefull, well, I've never had a problem from any forum or "social networking" site i'm a member of. If you're silly enough to stick up your full names, birthday, address, when and where you go on holiday, allow "friend" requests to people you dont know etc.. then you're asking for trouble. :wink: as for peer-to-peer.. sounds a bit far fetched Stu.. Can you point me to the source of this info? Just to set my mind at ease! :150
Bill
Site Admin

Postby The Doctor » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:52 pm

Ok, I'll drop that one then!
The Doctor
Site Admin

Postby GBC » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:37 pm

I don't do either, and can't see the point of either, apart from the extra exposure for the site, but as someone points out it might just attract spammers.

Sup to you Doc :209
GBC

Postby Welsh Wizard » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:03 am

If we need a back up to stay in contact if the site is down for some reason why not drop over to

http://motorbike-search-engine.co.uk/motorcycle-forum/

its not very attive but it has some very usefull stuff on there :120
Welsh Wizard
Global Moderator

Postby dig » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:02 am

waats this FACEBOOK/TWITTER eh... and try the forum link here WW http://classic-motorbikes.net/
dig
Gone But Not Forgotten

Postby MOUSE » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:01 am

:23 Give us spanners, not spammers

:17 :15 :17
"My arthritis has gotten so bad I can hardly grip anything, my cataracts seem to get worse every day, I have gout in my right leg and can't bend my knee and I can't hear anything.
But thank God I can still ride
MOUSE

Previous

Return to Give Us Your Feedback