I bet no one ever asked you this ????

What are we doing wrong (or right!) - Let us have your views, we can only improve things if you tell us and we DO listen!

I bet no one ever asked you this ????

Postby pioneerbully » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:03 am

Hey Guys

Great site here, I have been looking for a good group of BSA lovers and I think I found some!

I just bought my first BSA and am already wondering why info is so hard to find! Lucky I am a persistent SH^%!

Any Help would be awesome!

Frame registration # GA7.22398
Engine # DA10 R67H3

I was told is was a 1958 spitfire, frame looked like is was a softail at one time and changed to a rigid, 650 cc motor

Thanks in advance, I am off to check out all you bike! Great stuff guys and gals!

Take good care

Rob
Thunder bay, Ont
Canada
pioneerbully

Re: I bet no one ever asked you this ????

Postby Stuart SS » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:26 am

ROb
Welcome.. We do have a BSA fans on hand , myself included , I just ended up with a T150 instead of an A75..

I am sure we will be able to help out ~ I am pressed for time at the moment so will endeavor to come back to your question~

( Incidently we lost one of our dedicated BSA nuts some time back as he passed onto the Great race track in the Sky !! But that;s Life eh ~ )
Stuart SS
Global Moderator

Location: Or-strailia's tropical paradise; Far Far North Queensland !

Postby pioneerbully » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:20 am

hey Stu,

Thanks for the welcome! I am glag to hear that we have a couple BSA guys around! cuz I need HELP! lol Really sorry to hear about your friend! but if you gota go you mid as well go the the race track in the sky!

Cheers mate! look forward to any help you can offer!

Rob
pioneerbully

Postby Stuart SS » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:51 am

Rob
I found a few profiles ~

Thanks to ~ BSA owners Club UK~

http://www.bsaownersclub.co.uk/Engine_F ... sting.html

Seems a 1962 / 63 Gold Flash ~
Stuart SS
Global Moderator

Location: Or-strailia's tropical paradise; Far Far North Queensland !

Postby Paul in NZ » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:44 pm

Nah - with a prefix of DA10R its a hipo engine so super rocket etc. Its the 67H3 that makes no sense. I wonder if the OP can take a photo for a better look see (but your list is easier to follow than mine ;-))
Paul in NZ

Postby pioneerbully » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:00 am

I called the guys at British Cycle and gave then the following numbers!
Frame # is GA7 22398
Motor # is DA10 R6 743 OR DA10 R6 7H3

This is what they came back with.

by the numbers you supplied, the frame is a 1963 and the motor 1962 A10 Road rocket, thanks

Does anyone know the difference between the road rocket and the super rocket? Look very similar to me.Was it a motor option? If any one has an idea please let me know!

Cheers everyone, thanks for all your help

Rob
pioneerbully

Postby Paul in NZ » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:31 pm

That makes more sense. Probably not much more than cosmetic differences I suspect. I always thought the road rocket was an earlier american market job and the super rocket was both markets but later???? I dunno - apart from a metal flake BSA A7SS, a methanol burning grass tracker and a Victor scrambler I'm not much up on BSA's really. Its a tricky period and Triumph and BSA plus the rest to a lesser extent were banging out all sorts of models for the US market often with east / west differences to boot.

If its been hardtailed it will be tricky to restore as its an all welded frame but still - well worth it as they are a nice bike for all their timing side plain bush wrongness.
Paul in NZ

Return to Give Us Your Feedback