CRMC

New Era, CRMC, VMCC, from beginners to veterans.

CRMC

Postby -zkptn- » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:08 pm

Do we have members of the CRMC frequenting this forum?
The CRMC forum has been off line for a while now and i'd like to ask a few Q's'
I'm intending getting my ACU licence and prepping a bike ready for the 2011 season.
'82 CB900F....Silver and gorgeous
'84 CB750F2....My scabby rat
'80 CB900F....Ongoing track bike project
'86 NC21 track bike....Red hot V4 crotch rocket
'91 FZR 1000 (zip ties and duct tape)....Strictly one for the track
-zkptn-

Re: CRMC

Postby Welsh Wizard » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:49 am

best of luck getting you comp licence from the ACU, most of the NZ crew have good inside info on the NZ CMRR which does about the same down in NZ, you could always try Norm White over in the UK his still races his Norton, and has a Biz suppling racing mods over there, so if he thinkls there are some potential sales of his gear he will more than likely help you out.
Welsh Wizard
Global Moderator

Re: CRMC

Postby -zkptn- » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:47 pm

I had a look at Normans web site, he does world class work by the look of it but I don't think he's got anything thats going to help with my machine.
I'm rebuilding a 1980 CB900FA to hopefully run in group 3/period 3; Production road and sports machines / 351cc and above single, twin, triple or four cylinders manufactured before 31/12/81.
I've had a good look at the rules and regs governing what you can and cannot do regarding bike mods and it would seem that any machine in that class has to be pretty much stock spec.
Quote "Machines must be presented in a style that reflects the look of the machine when it was available to the buying public. Original colour schemes are preferred."Close quote.
I'm waiting to hear back from the peeps at CRMC regarding one or two Q's before i commit fully. One rule is that no quick-shifters are allowed and since my high side into the path of a digger a few years ago i've been in need of "mechanical assistance" in the up-shifting department.
We shall see....

This is me in the rain at Darley Moor last year, about to do a few parade laps. note the "grandstand view" than some had.. :roll:

'82 CB900F....Silver and gorgeous
'84 CB750F2....My scabby rat
'80 CB900F....Ongoing track bike project
'86 NC21 track bike....Red hot V4 crotch rocket
'91 FZR 1000 (zip ties and duct tape)....Strictly one for the track
-zkptn-

CRMC

Postby Stuart SS » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:07 am

zkptn-
I am sure if the blokes on the link will be able to help or steer you right at very least ~ it is the local Ozzie web site related to bike racing ~

http://www.classicmotorcycling.com.au/d ... =home-page
Stuart SS
Global Moderator

Location: Or-strailia's tropical paradise; Far Far North Queensland !

Return to Classic Bike Racing