Thoughts on valve regression

Need technical help - Restoration help and tips, engine rebuild or just offer your knowledge or services - drop it in here.

Re: Thoughts on valve regression

Postby MOUSE » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:26 am

Add on oil filter and Hyde oil cooler if you haven't got one as OIF T140's don't have big reservoir of oil and extra fittings help.
Morgo pump could help but don't think make much difference. If it was 30 degrees here and out on the bike i'd be heading to the nearest pub nz-flag111 :151

What you going to replace it with , water cooled Hinkley?
"My arthritis has gotten so bad I can hardly grip anything, my cataracts seem to get worse every day, I have gout in my right leg and can't bend my knee and I can't hear anything.
But thank God I can still ride
MOUSE

Postby Pezza » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:47 am

I was told that an oil cooler won't make any diff, I am looking at an Thruxton they look nice and go pretty good as well!
Pezza

Postby MOUSE » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:52 pm

That too would be my choice should i win lotto. I'd fit a bonny seat and grab rail tho and some better mufflers. The new "no carb" Bonnies look good too but if ever needing a tune you have to find a whizz with a tune computer.
Sat on them all at the Triumph Nats and the Bonny suited me best, i'm only 5'4. The speedmaster etc are low to ground and have a massive tank ...ugly things. Be good to have a ride on them to see how they sit on the road.
Lot of Triumph Owners club members here with Hinkley Bonnies and they appear to be reliable, and most favoured.

But....i still wouldn't sell my T140.
"My arthritis has gotten so bad I can hardly grip anything, my cataracts seem to get worse every day, I have gout in my right leg and can't bend my knee and I can't hear anything.
But thank God I can still ride
MOUSE

Previous

Return to The Classic Bike Workshop