Inline fuel filter

Need technical help - Restoration help and tips, engine rebuild or just offer your knowledge or services - drop it in here.

Re: Inline fuel filter

Postby MOUSE » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:41 am

As we speak, Cubbie slowly died on way home from speedway yesterday quite inconvieniently half way across a narrow 2 way bridge with no side area, and a line of traffic behind :) :58 . Sat a while once i got to a safe area, and it re-started getting me home, so today i decided to see what the F*
There was a dribble of gas,petrol, fuel, juice whatever you call it ...flow from the line, pipe, tube ...whatever, so when the carb bowl had emptied out, the bike died. Wait 5 mins, it filled enough to carry on.
Culprit was the in- tank filter on the Ewarts tap. It had loosened and come off at some stage allowing a small amount of :! to near fully block the tiny cub carb line. It was mostly loose paint flakes, the culprit being some paint on the inside of the filler hole coming loose (previous owner :4 .) so removed all that while at it.

After a tank drain i started my fishing expedition to get that little filter out from inside the cubbie tank. 10 mins later i caught the little :14

All back together, lines and tank cleaned out, filter back on securely, and were off again. :250
"My arthritis has gotten so bad I can hardly grip anything, my cataracts seem to get worse every day, I have gout in my right leg and can't bend my knee and I can't hear anything.
But thank God I can still ride
MOUSE

Postby MOUSE » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:56 am

:135 :132 ...Check out the gallery on the Len Craig site, some nice bikes. I like the 3TA before and after shots.
"My arthritis has gotten so bad I can hardly grip anything, my cataracts seem to get worse every day, I have gout in my right leg and can't bend my knee and I can't hear anything.
But thank God I can still ride
MOUSE

Postby scubabiker » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:43 pm

i kinda just skimmed over this topic but has anyone seen those filters on the sediment chambers? at the bottom of the fuel tap? i saw them on a few bikes at a training centre just wondering where i can get one?
with a fist in the air in the land of hipocrisy
scubabiker

Postby Tman » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:31 pm

If I'm thinking of the same thing you are, then those Indian Enfields have them, and there's always sellers on Ebay touting them.
Look quite good in the pics actually, but I believe the body is gray plastic (which puts me off :! )
Tman

Previous

Return to The Classic Bike Workshop