Best Tank Sealer?

Need technical help - Restoration help and tips, engine rebuild or just offer your knowledge or services - drop it in here.

Best Tank Sealer?

Postby New2Me74 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:51 pm

After hearing a few horror stories about Kreem I started doing a little more homework on which system to use. I have heard POR-15 & KBS are both great systems. I have also heard all of them work well if applied correctly. Any comments & suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jason
New2Me74

Re: Best Tank Sealer?

Postby MOUSE » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:07 pm

Anyone know how to get the coating out when it eventually cracks as has done in my tank after 15 years? :209 Or do you just slop some more in.
"My arthritis has gotten so bad I can hardly grip anything, my cataracts seem to get worse every day, I have gout in my right leg and can't bend my knee and I can't hear anything.
But thank God I can still ride
MOUSE

Postby GBC » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:19 pm

Slop some more in :209

I used Petseal stuff, seemed to work fine.
GBC

Postby New2Me74 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:40 pm

MOUSE wrote:Anyone know how to get the coating out when it eventually cracks as has done in my tank after 15 years? :209 Or do you just slop some more in.

Gee guys thanks for the hi-jack :132
New2Me74

Postby dig » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:50 am

Give them heaps of :! New2Me74 :250 :203
dig
Gone But Not Forgotten

Best Tank Sealer?

Postby Stuart SS » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:25 am

I just recently installed the POR-15 kit form ~ and pleased with the results..

Just be meticulous ~ I was not happy with the corrosive remover and let the tank dry completely then used very fine blue stone gravel to agitate the inside .. it was definitely dry as there was a cloud of dust emitting from the tank ..

Then resumed the instructions ~ They say to return the excess to the tin and then dump the entire contents ~ What a crock ~ I spoke to a professional bike builder and he does the same as I did.. return excess to the tin and reseal for the next job.. ( Which I have ... for EBay ~ )

But follow the instructions carefully ~

( But I don't think referencing any or other sealants, or experiences is exactly Hijacking your post mate ! )

Mouse does have a point though.. apparently it is a bloody messy job if you have to repair or weld the tank ...
Stuart SS
Global Moderator

Location: Or-strailia's tropical paradise; Far Far North Queensland !

Return to The Classic Bike Workshop