Buell

Love the US classic bike scene, you either love it or hate it - Harley, Indian etc.

Buell

Postby bmrtom » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:44 pm

What do you guys and gals think about Buell motorcycles? After watching Buell for years, two years ago I bought a 2010 Ulysses, and have'nt looked back since.
Then a couple of weeks after I took delivery of my new steed, HD announced the coming closure of Buell. I've owned Trumpets, Beezers, Bultacos, Japs and Beemers, I just retired my R90RS to do a frame up re-build after riding her for 25 years, and after 25,000 miles, and a trip to Alaksa, I have no regrets on my choice of buying the Buell. Why did'nt I do that earlier.
bmrtom

Re: Buell

Postby Welsh Wizard » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:12 pm

Welcome, not had to much to do with HD or Buels, normally ride BSA Norton or Triumph only large CC M/c I have owned is a 2010 MotoGuzzi which to be honest has proved to be a heap of crap, so I won't be buying another Brand New bike again, just sticking to the old ones that work.
Welsh Wizard
Global Moderator

Postby Tman » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:44 am

Guzzi piece of crap? Didn't we all tell you that, WW?
(Don't you just hate it when someone does the "I told you so" thing?) worm
Tman

Postby Welsh Wizard » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:10 am

Tman wrote:Guzzi piece of crap? Didn't we all tell you that, WW?
(Don't you just hate it when someone does the "I told you so" thing?) worm

At the time no said didly squat about the poor build quality on the MG's and one does know ITI electrics are the closest thing to 1960's JAp electrics, but even they lasted longer than 1K
Welsh Wizard
Global Moderator

Return to American Bikes