needs a post in here ... I have a laverda RGS

All things European and Worldwide - Ducati, Benelli, BMW, CZ, Jawa, Russian etc - There's no limitations here!

Re: needs a post in here ... I have a laverda RGS

Postby Welsh Wizard » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:42 am

As long as you have long legs Doc as they Lav don't sit low to the ground worm
Welsh Wizard
Global Moderator

Postby rust2000 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:40 am

Snibor wrote:stuart

82BHP out of the box at 8000RPM

not bad in those times .... but still dam ugly ....

i have done some work on the look and dumped the tank seat fairing and all the plastic bits and pieces ....

i am still looking for a tank to suit but have a nice single race seat ... also have a 3-1 for it and cleaned all that up and sprayed it black ...

i am trawling the wreckers from time to time looking for something insperational but not found anything that looks good that would come close to fitting without major mods ....

i will get there .....

it is a really nice machine to ride ..... grunt to burn and very quick top end ..... i wound her out to 220Kph (well that's what the clock said but it is probably less accurate than a smiths item) .... did feel bloody quick though and still some left ....

steve

Nothing wrong with the bike's looks, and was well regarded as a sports tourer in its day. Certainly looks better than an Yam FZR750 or other Japawaki bikes of the day at least in my IMHO ;-)

I have an 1988 SFC1000, which can give modern bikes a run for their money even now 21 years after it emerged from the Laverda factory.

Rust2000
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rust2000

Postby ukbiker » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:12 pm

When motorbikes were first introduced, they came with minimum accessories like side bags or grip covers but today motorbike accessories have become the need of the hour. With the increase in vehicles all around motorcycle riders need all kinds of protection, natural and unnatural. One of the most important motorbike accessories for the rider's protection is the helmet. These helmets come in various sizes, shapes and colors and a motorcycle rider may choose one that is the most comfortable to him. Most of these helmets are manufactured as per specifications set by the transport authority of the country and uses materials that can withstand a crash and does not break... nz-flag111
:208
ukbiker

Postby henryV » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:32 pm

ugly :4 most beautiful bike of the 80s - you're right about the rest though! i've got one two! :209
henryV

Previous

Return to European Bikes