Itom

All things European and Worldwide - Ducati, Benelli, BMW, CZ, Jawa, Russian etc - There's no limitations here!

Itom

Postby TheAuthorRon » Fri May 27, 2011 6:59 am

Hi , Trying to find out if the Itom I had back in 1960/61 is still around. Can anybody help please? I've tried the DVLA but they won't tell me!! State secret perhaps!The registration number is YXH 168 I bought it new from Tooley's, sold it when I married and wondered what happened to it. I have a photo of it but can't load it onto this message, not very IT literate I'm afraid although I do have 3 videos on Youtube which you can access by typing in TheAuthorRon. Hope someone knows what happened to my bike, and hope it survived. Thanks for any help, much appreciated.
Ron

Thanks for your help with picture
Last edited by TheAuthorRon on Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheAuthorRon

Re: Itom

Postby GNC » Mon May 30, 2011 6:19 am

Welcome
goggle photobucket........ open account (free)....load pics there.......then can copy an paste into your posts :151 must be your shout too :29
T140E
GNC
Site Admin

Postby TheAuthorRon » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:41 am

Thanks for that, succeeded in opening account and posting picture but still can't cut and paste!! I'll have to wait for my son to visit but thanks anyway. I went to the ACE cafe event in Margate on the 30th and also Carter's Steam Fair on the old Dreamland site. Both were brilliant!! (I won't mention that I took photos at both!)
TheAuthorRon
TheAuthorRon

Postby L.A.B. » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:24 pm

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/

>Vehicle enquiry = "YXH 168" "Itom"

= "Vehicle details could not be found"

The registration number doesn't appear to have been transferred to another vehicle:
https://www.mycarcheck.com/ "YXH168": "The registration number you entered doesn't exist in our database."

So in all likelihood, Itom YXH168 probably no longer exists.

Can anyone tell me how to place a photo on this message please? I can "copy" it but it won't paste!

Once you have uploaded the photo/s to Photobucket, (ensure the IMG code option is enabled) click the photo's IMG code (It should then say 'copied' in the IMG box, otherwise, right click, and select Copy)

Click the message box where you want to add the photo to your message, then RIGHT click and select Paste from the list,

The IMG code line should then show as a line of text between the bracketed "IMG" and "/IMG" code tags.

Example:

Repeat for any additional photo but using the actual photo's own IMG code line each time.

Click the Preview button, and check if the photo/s show in your message;
Example:
If so-then you've done it right.
L.A.B.

Postby TheAuthorRon » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:45 am

Many thanks for your help, much appreciated. Sad to think my old bike was probably scrapped but...
Clutching at straws I know, but what would have happened if it had been exported to Europe? Would it have taken on a new identity? I know the Itom is a popular bike over there.
TheAuthorRon

Postby Stuart SS » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:00 am

Authoron

I think we have all been down this road ~ trying to find a beast /s long since parted with ~

A bit like Wimen ~ we would kept them all if we could have in hindsight ~ Hmmm!! On second thoughts WHO would really want to keep all the Wimen !!!

Maybe just the bikes ~ :158
Stuart SS
Global Moderator

Location: Or-strailia's tropical paradise; Far Far North Queensland !

Postby Tman » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:15 am

Nah........not even all the bikes... monkey
This popular "I wonder were my old Bantam is now?" thing beats me.
If it was sold prior to the mid-eighties and it wasn't a Vinnie (although that's not guaranteed either) then it's land-fill long since.
And if you find it, so what? "No you can't come and see my bike, effoff".. click..whirrrrrrrr

Anyway, be like seeing that gorgeous 19 year old you had way back when, except now she's fat frumpy and definitely the worse for wear..
Tman

Postby MOUSE » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:01 am

Wimen ~ we would kept them all if we could have in hindsight

You realise it's our fault ....

"My arthritis has gotten so bad I can hardly grip anything, my cataracts seem to get worse every day, I have gout in my right leg and can't bend my knee and I can't hear anything.
But thank God I can still ride
MOUSE

Return to European Bikes