Gone Gone Gone

General Banter and Chat - Got a question that doesn't fit anywhere else - drop it in here, anything goes as long as it's classic bike-related!

Gone Gone Gone

Postby Welsh Wizard » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:44 am

Update from Stuart

"FYI

Both Bikes are Gone

Commando and Trident ~ $16K for the pair ~ giveaway

(Looks leek they are going to Griffith in NSW ~ 3000 km south of us ~ to a collector ~ Ironically he is my old money manager and he is going reconfigure my finances so my tax is reduced to a taxable income of $40K , and 19 cents in the dollar rather than 32 cents !! Bonus ! )

Anyway ~ Dead sick of screwing around with the bikes ~

Already sold $1300 worth of parts ~

IF I was to ever consider riding again it will be a Hinckley Triple ~ like two mates have ~

Beth loves the bike after putting up with the T140!

Regards
Stuart "
Looks like we won't be seeing Stuart around much now, Sad news.
Welsh Wizard
Global Moderator

Re: Gone Gone Gone

Postby GNC » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:13 am

It must be catching.......as my T140E is currently looking for a new home. Back surgery has taken the fun out of riding for Me :8
T140E
GNC
Site Admin

Postby Tman » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:59 am

I'm the opposite. Just done a couple of 80 mile organised runs on the girder-rigid Velocette, and a over hundred miler run + touring around Normandy recently on the same bike too. Bollix to growing old..... u k fl ag

Without me bikes, workshop and good mates (plus beer and music) what would be left? Bingo and f*cking Eastenders? :!
Tman

Postby Paul in NZ » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:53 pm

I know that feeling. I finally sold the Moto Guzzi and we purchased a 2005 Triumph Sprint ST 1050 fitted with Givi bags for a pittance... The remainder funds will go on a suspension upgrade front and back. Its chalk and cheese. We can actually get off the thing after a days ride and still walk. Yes - expensive to service etc etc but its just so darn effortless...

Still keeping the TR6C but....
Paul in NZ

Return to The Spoke & Hub Pub