Bah Humbug....

General Banter and Chat - Got a question that doesn't fit anywhere else - drop it in here, anything goes as long as it's classic bike-related!

Bah Humbug....

Postby Paul in NZ » Mon May 20, 2013 2:58 am

Well we all have the occasional brain fart. In my case there were a billionlittle issues that needed attention and a few bigger ones that needed a quick injection of capital so... I sold the Moto Guzzi.... It went to a great home and I'm happy with the price and the crisis was solved quickly, Vicki has solved her Job woes, she has a lettle red car to beep beep about the place and she's in love with it - BUT there is a hole in the shed. I've definately kept the TR6C - damn things just too darn pretty to sell.

But - I have been looking at all kinds of crazy things to replace the Guzzi with. I need something that needs less 'fussing' with. Say what you want about basic Guzzi reliability but the fact remains the older ones are labour intensive. I need something with 2 up ability (comfort optional) and ideally with modern reliability. I don't mind a project but I'd prefer ready to go...

I agreed to buy a 2003 triumph 955i Daytona but the bastrd sold it out from under me before I could get it check by the local dealer 9at my expense). may have dodged a bullet there... There are a few 955i Speed triples about but - I dunno... I've looked at a few HD Sportsters as projects (make a OK cafe racer and cheap to run) Even an 883R which I like the look of. Found a nice old Kawasaki Spectre but - well... its an 83... I don't want a new bonnie but a thruxton would be OK.

Its all very confusing. but its darn fun looking
Paul in NZ

Re: Bah Humbug....

Postby Welsh Wizard » Wed May 22, 2013 2:41 am

Good to here things are working out due to sale of the MG, mine went just after Christmas, ( best thing I ever did, it was one of those late Friday afternoon jobs) keeping the T100c, the A65B and maybe the Cammando not sure on that its a toss up with the 750cc and the T160.

As for the new Trumpy if it was meant to be it would not have been sold from under you, so some thing better will come along.
Welsh Wizard
Global Moderator

Re: Bah Humbug....

Postby Paul in NZ » Thu May 23, 2013 9:52 pm

Actually we settled on a Sprint ST 1050 fitted with Givi bags.. Not 100% sure of the looks but they go well....
Paul in NZ

Return to The Spoke & Hub Pub