Photographs ~

General Banter and Chat - Got a question that doesn't fit anywhere else - drop it in here, anything goes as long as it's classic bike-related!

Re: Photographs ~

Postby Tman » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:59 am

Not pulling away, coming in to land as you see by the clutch pedal position.
Actually I remember that this was the mid-day lunch stop. The run started with coffee, red wine and croissants at 09.00, mid morning was ham or cheese baguettes with red wine, lunch was a two course meal with err red wine, mid-afternoon was little cakes and you've guessed it, red wine, then the final prize-giving was coffee only. I suppose we all needed it after that much red wine.
{Actually I didn't drink it anyway. Not a lover of red wine and to drive a hand change foot clutch around the Bocage region when surrounded by sh*tty French two-strokes is asking for carnage of some sort to occur.}

Well organised though. A copper out front on his bike (complete with Inspector Clouseau siren) stopping all traffic at roundabouts and red lights, and another at the tail end along with the sweep-up truck. Shame about the French though; friendly enough, but will insist on speaking some foreign language... u k fl ag
Tman

Postby Stuart SS » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:26 pm

Well ~ sounds like a great experience TMan ~ and all in a Hysterical region ~

Well done !! We have New Caledonia just east of Australia and it is totally French. There is no compromise and 'you' either love the place or 'you' hate the place. I always enjoy visiting the place !
Stuart SS
Global Moderator

Location: Or-strailia's tropical paradise; Far Far North Queensland !

Postby Stuart SS » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:38 am

My sister and her husband visited the property which previously belonged to the family ~ Sold in 1981 ~ and left derelict ~ the homestead has slowly died ~ Here my sister walks across what was once the Tennis court!

Stuart SS
Global Moderator

Postby Stuart SS » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:45 am

Any body seen an Amal carb ?

Santa Claus bought me a new toy ~

And yes it is water proof ~ ( Garrett AT Pro) to ten feet ~ but only tried to < 1.5 metres> ~

And we get to see great scenery ~

What have we found thus far.. the best to date ~ a host of coins, live bullets, 303 shells (as this was a HUGE WWII USA and Australian staging area ~ even a live arrow ~ :158 And lots of ring tabs and bottle caps of all vintages !!

A beer barrel bung made of bronze and copper ~ and HIGHLY collectible ~ ( considering the site MUST have been scanned 100s of times and no one found it ~ a testimonial to the Garrett~ )

Stuart SS
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to The Spoke & Hub Pub